August 7-18, 2017
"I wish Math Camp was longer."
This is the number one comment we received from students after the first Math Camp in summer 2016.
On the first day of camp, we asked who liked math. One hand went up. When the same question was asked on the last day of camp, every hand was raised. We encourage you to join us for this confidence-boosting experience designed to improve students' abilities and achievement.
Strengthen your math skills, meet new friends, do fun activities, and get free stuff! Math camp will include:
- A field trip to the TAMUCC campus
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and snack
- A backpack of school supplies
- Math and geometry-oriented activities in partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- Math-oriented cooking classes in partnership with the Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- Prize drawings based on good attendance
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am-3pm
Requirements to enroll:
- Must be an incoming 6th grader
- Must be struggling in math / behind on math skills
- Preference goes to students from the following partner schools: Oak Park, Zavala, George Evans, TG Allen, or Garcia elementary schools. However, we can admit some students from other schools. Contact the Garcia Center at 361-825-3600 to ask about registering your child.
2017 photos: Classroom activity | TAMUCC campus visit | Closing Ceremony
Thank you to sponsors Valero & JAG Education is our Freedom, and partners CCISD & TAMUCC